We will be opening summer registration in the next few weeks. We will be asking you to sign up through Eventbrite. Summer practices will be coached by Andrea A and Marie A and no changes to registration fee or practice times.
OSM would like to invite you to the first annual training camp in Mallorca, Spain. The camp will be based at a premier training center, popular among triathletes.
When: Sat March 14, 2020 arrival – Saturday March 21,2020 departure
· Open water practices (ocean is 100m away) with spotters on SUP boards
· Outdoor salt-water pool (25m)
· All breakfast and suppers included in fee
· Access to bicycle tours during the day to local towns/shops
· Fee includes shuttle to/from hotel
· Double occupancy rooms include double bed, pullout, kitchenette, bathroom
· Single occupancy available for additional fee
· 2 swim practices/day (open water and lane swimming)
· No snow/shoveling!
· $1899 all in; flights extra (approximately $800-1500 depending on your chosen route)
· $500 deposit required (due date TBA), balance required in full by January 14th 2020.
Are you in? Check out this video:
Congrats to Ken R who participated in Masters provincials in Toronto this past week! The next noteworthy meet to consider signing up for is Olympink held at Brewer Pool on April 6th. Registration deadline is on April 1st. There will be both distance and sprint challenges this year. More info here:
OSM had a team of 6 participating at JCC’s 6th annual biathlon – spinning and swimming. Our crew swam 200 lengths in the allotted time after 60mins of spinning! Way to go…proceeds of this fundraiser go to sponsor JCC programs and events. Thanks to Janice P, coach Katy and Judith H who joined us in support of the JCC. A shout out to Diana who made it possible for us to participate and coached at CU.
Thinking ahead for next year 2020, I would be interested in setting up a 5 day training camp for OSM swimmers in a nice, warm and sunny setting! The goal of the camp is to have daily workouts outside. The options on the table are: Majorca, Spain, Barbados. Phoenix AZ and Florida. It will be family friendly.
In order to gauge interest, send me a separate email and let me know:
- what month works best for you (ie March break)
- what is your preferred destination
- would you bring others (ie partners, children etc)
Send your consent by March 10th. If I receive 20 or more replies, I will look into making it happen!
Techno Sport is hosting a meet, March 3 at University of Ottawa. They run a great sprint series where you’re finished the meet by noon. Here is the link:
Due to mechanical issues with the pool, it is closed today. Practice tonight 8:30-9:30pm is cancelled.
Practice Tuesday, Feb 12 8:30-9:30pm IS Cancelled
Practices Wed 5:30-6:30 and 6:30-730am are Cancelled
Wednesday PM practice is cancelled. The JCC is closing at 6pm due to the storm.
Thursday morning 6-7:15am is ON. The facility is running regular hours.
Join the Anzai family in support of the JCC’s 6th Annual Biathlon on Sunday March 24. We are looking for an OSM team for a swim and bike. We will throw in a complimentary breakfast to complete the morning! Please consider it and contact me if you are interested in joining us to support the JCC..