Hello OSM swimmers,
Thank you for your patience – there have been several changes over the past few weeks! Our session dates have been pushed back a week to line up with camp opening in the outdoor pool. It looks like the week of July 13th. Registration will be opening as soon as next week – here is a list of what to expect.
· Very limited number of spots (this can be reviewed only as the restrictions ease). We are following City and Provincial restriction guidelines
· Sign-ups for sessions only (no drop-in as years previous). Registration will be thru Eventbrite for specific time and day
· 4 swimmers per double lane – there will be 3 (double) lanes total in the pool. Swimmers will have to maintain 2m social distance while swimming and at the walls
· Signed waivers on deck
· Ensuring the health of everyone with specific entry and exit protocols that will be strictly enforced
· Change rooms are not available: swimmers are to arrive and depart in their suits or do a deck change
· Swimmers must bring their own equipment (kick boards, pull buoys, fins, hand paddles)
· No refunds will be issued in the event of session cancellation
· If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms and/or have a fever, you must stay home from practice.
The sessions to choose from are (Note: sessions will begin at 5:45am to ensure final practice concludes before camp kids arrive at 9am). We welcome Emily A back as the primary coach on deck this summer!
Mon/Wed mornings (includes every other Friday same time slot)
Tue/Thur evenings (one hour, 2x per week)
Tue/Thu (includes every other Friday same time slot)
I will send out one more update giving you advance notice of impending registration. My recommendation is to sign up as soon as the registration link is sent out to secure a spot.
Emily and Marie
Ottawa Swim Masters (OSM)