“I don’t think there’s anything better than swimming outdoors…
when the sun is either rising or settling down for the night…
the reflection of natural light makes me one with the water.”
OSM’s outdoor program always fills up fast. Stay tuned for updates on the 2019 season.
Our exclusive Summer program is designed for enthusiastic novice lap swimmers through to elite Triathlete and Masters swimmers. With access to a 25-metre outdoor pool we will offer a program for all levels.
And, look forward to our Fun Friday practice where we think outside of the swim practice box doing fun sets and team challenges!
- Must be able to swim 1800 metres in an hour (fast lane will do 2800-3000 metres). A set of 5 x 100m front crawl repeat times will be approximately 1:40, 1:50, 2:00-2:30 in one of the lanes.
- Must be able to swim and kick front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke (expect 75% front crawl and 25% choice) as well as a willingness to do butterfly. This is not a front crawl only program.
- Must choose particular practice days and session times
Join our enthusiastic members in a friendly environment…in the great outdoors!
June-Aug 26: cost is $265 plus HST
- All sessions take place in 25-metre SJCC outdoor pool rain or shine. In case of thunder or lightening, we have to vacate the pool for 15 minutes with no visual or audible re-occurence in order to resume practice.
- 6-7 am and 7:30-8:30 pm is most busy with 3-5 swimmers per lane, followed by MWF 7-8 am. For more lane space MWF 8-9 am (July-Aug only) with 2-3 people per lane is typical. Lots of space!
- BONUS: You can attend ANY of the practices that are convenient to you whether it be 2, 3, 4 or even 5 times per week as well as back-to-back practices..
– Mon/Wed/Fri from either 6:00-7:00am, 7:00-8:00 am, or 8:00-9:00 am (8-9 am July-Aug only)
– Tue/Thu/Fri from either 6:00-7:00am, 7:00-8:00 am
– Tue/Thu 7:30-8:30 pm + Mon 6-7, 7-8 or 8-9 am (8-9 am July-Aug only)